Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Celebrity Psyche


I really just took a second to try and fathom the concept of growing up in front of millions and millions of people. Celebrities’ Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber are the two who made this thought cross my mind. I have made so many mistakes in my 24 years in the world and I am certainly a better person for making those mistakes. Without making mistakes you don’t grow—there’s just no way around it. But having to hear the professional critics, online bloggers and TV hosts make those mistakes known to the public would take a toll on me. 


These adolescents were/are held to great standards and very few people seem to acknowledge that fact. I guess because I’ve studied the models that Erik Erikson and other theorist have developed, I can’t help but think about what stages they may or may not have gotten to experience. They have all the money in the world in exchange for their innocence. If presented with the opportunity, I’m not sure if that would be something change about my childhood. 
Yes, I learn things the hard way most of the time, but to have to learn those things in front of the camera, can mess with your psyche. Everyone’s story is different, which is the beauty of life, however getting to live it without the majority of the world watching is something I don’t take for granted. It’s a wonder you don’t see more celebrities with mental health issues like poor Amanda Bynes. The entertainment industry is no joke. They get to share the talents they have been blessed, but the price they pay is truly insurmountable!
It was Nick Cannon who wrote to Amanda Bynes saying, “[…]the entertainment industry just consumes people and spits them out like flavorless bubblegum.”

No comments:

Post a Comment