Saturday, July 13, 2013

Snapback from Reality


Isn't it crazy how you have to step back from reality sometimes in order to stay in touch with reality? If we don't find that escape that works for us, stress is bound to ensue. I don't know about you, but I refuse to be stressed out. They say stress takes years off of your life, so ain't nobody got time for that. For many, their escape is some form of exercise, for others it's reading or even playing video games. However, there are some who choose alcohol and other drugs to escape the challenges that everyday life presents.  That's okay as long as you don't over indulge.
My favorite place to escape first, above all, is music land. Without a doubt, some of my best thinking comes from when I have a little music going on in the background. And just as as side note: I have written some of my best papers jamming to country music. It stems from my high school math teacher playing country music (Kenny Chesney to be exact) while we worked on our computers in class. hahaa Gotta love being from the country! 
I write this in hopes that if you haven't already, find your healthy escape. I know the world says it's alcohol, but that does not always have to be the case.  Find what works for you because there are so many ways to forget about trials and tribulations that we face as adults. Don't forget that God is always willing to listen to what we have to say, so prayers is always an option, too. Even if you don't think He's listening...I assure you He is doing the exact opposite. 
Remember that too much of anything is not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment